My loves, how are you feeling? What a night! What a day! The 2020 presidential election is a true nail biter, with key states still counting votes. I’ve been glued to the New York Times homepage, with a few mental breaks to watch Schitt’s Creek or eat a hunk of cheese the size of my head.
I’d love to ask today, if you’re up for sharing: How are you feeling? What are you watching/reading/eating/doing? Is there anything that feels like a pick-me-up to you, during this intense wait?
Some good news:
* The “squad” of four Democratic congresswomen (above) — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan — all won re-election. (New York Times)
* Delaware Democrat Sarah McBride will become nation’s first-ever transgender state senator. (CNN)
* Mauree Turner won her election for state House in Oklahoma’s 88th district, making history as the first Muslim person elected to the state’s legislature AND the first openly non-binary person ever elected to a state legislature in the United States. (HuffPo, Victory Fund)
* Michele Rayner-Goolsby became Florida’s first openly queer Black woman state legislator. (Lily News)
* Cori Bush made history by becoming the first Black woman elected to Congress from Missouri. (Newsweek)
Sending everyone the biggest hugs today! Hang in there. Let’s chat below.
(Flower photo by Madeleine Johnson.)